Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Your access to this website is subject to these terms and conditions. By using this website you agree to these terms. We may change these terms and conditions at any time, and by continuing to use the website, you agree to such changes.
The content of these web pages is © HitchinTV except where otherwise stated. All rights are reserved. Unless we agree otherwise you may only print or copy items for your temporary personal, non-business use. Permanent copying or storage of any pages or any part of these pages or the re-distribution by any means is not permitted. You may not use our trade marks without our permission.
The information given in this site is for general information only. Although we try to ensure that all the information on the website is accurate, we cannot be responsible for any statement on the website or any reliance on it. Although we use anti-virus software to protect the website content, we cannot guarantee that any downloads are free from viruses and advise you to take your own virus precautions. As a condition of your use of this website, you agree not to transfer to our website, any material which is obscene, misleading, inaccurate, defamatory or in breach of any copyright or intellectual property rights or that will cause any damage to data, software or the performance of any computer system. Should you register with us for any purpose, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. If any of your information changes or if you no longer wish to be registered with us, you can contact us at the following address: email@example.com.
Linking to external websites
Submitting videos to HitchinTV
We do not guarantee that any video submitted to us will be used. Your video may not:
1. Violate any third party’s intellectual property rights, including without limitation, copyrights, trade secrets, trademarks, service marks or patents. For example, unless you have obtained the express, advance written permission from the owner/licensor and you have paid any and all required fees (if any), you may not (a) use a rock-band’s song as the soundtrack to your video, (b) include a portion of a copyright-protected TV show, play, or video in your video, and (c) use a trademark-protected logo in your video;
2. Violate a third party’s privacy or publicity rights, defame a third party, or include any information about a person that you know to be false. In particular, your video may not include a photograph or other likeness of another person unless that person has given you express, advance written permission to use the photograph or other likeness in your video;
3. Stalk, threaten, harass, or harm another individual or encourage such activities, or solicit information from any person under 18 years of age. The content of your video may not exploit people in a violent or sexual manner – such as pornography – or promote child pornography, human trafficking, terrorism, or any other illegal activity;
4. Contain nudity or violence
5. Promote or involve commercial activities. You may not use a Video to offer products or services for sale, including without limitation, advertisements, contests, lotteries, sweepstakes, or pyramid schemes, and your video may not contain advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, instant messaging, chain letters, or any other form of solicitation;
6. Transmit any material that contains adware, malware, spyware, software viruses, or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
7. Tamper with, interfere with, disrupt or impair HitchinTV’s Video or servers or networks connected to HitchinTV Services or HitchinTV’s Video, or circumvent any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to HitchinTV or
8. Otherwise violate any applicable law, regulation or rule, whether local, state, national, or international. You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of your video and the consequences of posting, publishing, or other display of the video.
You represent and warrant that:
1. You own or have lawfully licensed all rights in and to your video (including, without limitation, all rights in and to the audio, video and digital recordings embodied in your videos, and all rights in and to each performance contained in your video), and you have the sole, full and unencumbered right, title, interest and authority to grant to us each of the various licenses and rights set forth in these Conditions of Use;
2. Your video does not infringe or violate the intellectual property rights (including without limitation, copyrights, trade secrets, trademarks, service marks, or patents), privacy or publicity rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
3. You have paid and will pay in full, and on a timely basis, all royalties, license fees, clearance fees, and other financial obligations, of any kind, required in connection with your video, including without limitation, any payments due to any writers, actors, directors, producers, performing rights society or to any guild, union, collective bargaining organization or other group that represents actors, authors, composers, musicians, artists, and any other person connected with the development, production, distribution or other exploitation of your video;
4. You are the individual pictured or heard in your video, or, alternatively, you have obtained the express, advance written consent from each person (including consent from parents or legal guardians of any individual under the age of 18) who appears or is heard in your video;
5. You will not misidentify yourself to us when submitting a video,
6. You will not reproduce, distribute, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of HitchinTV’s Videos
7. You will keep all records necessary to establish that your video does not violate any of the foregoing representations and warranties, and to make the records available to us upon our request.
8. Video Licenses. We do not claim ownership of any images, information, data, text, files, software, music, sound, photos, graphics, video, messages, tags or other materials you provide as part of your video for display and performance to others through HitchinTV, and you are free to use your video in any lawful way you choose outside HitchinTV
9. Advertisements. We may display advertisements in connection with your video, including, without limitation, advertisements that preface or surround your video.
10. We will not pay you any fees, royalties or other consideration arising from or relating to any fees that we may charge
11. Copyright Infringement. Each video posted on HitchinTV is intended to be an original video that you have created using your own imagination and creative skills. We respect third party intellectual property rights, and we expect you to do the same. We will remove any video if we are properly notified in writing of any allegations that the video may infringe or violate any third party intellectual property right or otherwise may violate applicable law. We may remove any or all of your videos without prior notice to you in this regard and without establishing proof of these allegations. If you are unsure if any content or portion of your video infringes or violates a third party’s copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights, then you should omit the content/portion(s).
12. Termination. We may terminate your HitchinTV membership or suspend your access to all or part of HitchinTV Services, with or without notice.